- For those of you who know me, you know that I’m a planner. I love making lists, checking them off, and fitness was no different for me. When I got bit by the health & fitness bug and decided that I was in, I made some goals. Making plans, lists, and tracking progress is my love language I think.
(Totally kidding here, but I do love my planners!) I think writing things down is a big part of my accountability with myself and my success.Here are some ways that I tracked my progress & noted my successes and accomplishments:
- I tracked my weight loss. Since this was my first goal, I made a page in my planner to track this. I weighed every morning so that I could see how it changed and how different factors affected my weight. (I realize not everyone can do this, but I love numbers, and it didn’t affect me too much if I didn’t happen to lose weight.) Each time I lost a pound, I got to color in a box on my page, and it was extremely satisfying & rewarding for me to do that.
- I tracked all my meals and workouts. I used a fitness pack in my planner for this. In the monthly spread I wrote in all the gym classes I attended or home workouts I did (though these were very minimal at first), and on the weekly spread I wrote down everything I ate to hold myself accountable. This was one of my biggest struggles in the beginning. Adding stickers and decorations to these pages made it fun for me and encouraged me to look at this pages and use them often, and enjoy the process.
- I took progress pictures of myself. I noted on my calendar when to do this (about every 6 weeks is good for me) Maybe one day I’ll share these, but for now- they’re just for me.
- I took measurements. I made a page in my planner for this as well. I noted on my calendar to take weekly measurements.
- I tracked and celebrated all the wins, no matter how small. If I felt skinny in an outfit, I took a selfie in it. (I am a milinnial after all. It’s what we do.) If I fit into an old pair of jeans I took a selfie and captioned it on snapchat. I sent some things like this to my close friends who celebrate wins with me, but some were just saved and kept for myself, printed later for my planner so I can look back and see success and accomplishments over time.