As you know, my word of the year is Increase. When I think about the word Increase, I think about personal growth, getting better, being intentional and purposeful. I wanted to post a regular update of sorts of how I’m using my Word of the Year in a personal way. Sure, it’s easy to choose a word to claim over your year, but if you do nothing with it, it’s really just a word.
So that is what I’m going to do with my word, Increase, and I’m going to bring you along on this journey with me. Hopefully it will inspire you to do the same with the word you’ve chosen. Apply it to your life in a personal way and make some positive changes.
So how am I striving to INCREASE this year and this week specifically?
(Personally, Professionally, & in my Family)
- I’m working to build worthwhile habits.
-Re-establishing the Habit of Working Out
With sick kiddos and snow days this week, I missed my morning “Bonus Work” gym sessions, but I did make 4 workouts this week so I’m okay with that.
-Establish the Habit of Reading Aloud to my Children
We read several days this week. Layten also brought me a Playstation Game case for me to “read” to her one day, so at least I know that she’s enjoying our read aloud time. I took a few pics to document the books we read.
–Establish the Habit of Daily Reading, Personally
This week I read Stronger than the Strugger by Havilah Cunnington, chapter 1 and Reading People by Anne Bogel through chapter 4.
- I want to GROW as a Christian and as a person in general.
In addition to my habit of reading the One Year Bible, this week I began my first supplemental study of the year – Priscilla Shirer’s study Discerning the Voice of God. It’s already SO GOOD! (And the video sessions are available free right now through LifeWay if you want to get a book a join me!)
- Celebrate the wins & Focus on the Positive.
I’m doing this by memory-keeping in my Happy Planner, but here is some photo documentation of a few things…
- I want to build my blog and expand to new territories of influence.
My blog is transitioning to Purposeful Planning soon. There will be a challenge this month on the topic of Self-Care, as well as a Facebook group to dive deeper into this topic with my readers.
- GROW my Platform. I’ve been seeking God about what it is that He would have me share with my readers and my social media followers.
- Work on and Build each relationship. To do this, I am studying the personality types and love languages of each of those in my immediate family. I am reading and thinking about how to create a life-giving home. I want to better understand, love, and serve those closest to me.
- Focus on hearts & character. These will be things we will focus on more in our home school and home-life in general. I will strive to be more like Jesus in my mothering and as a wife.
So these are the ways that I am personally working towards INCREASE in my person, professional, and family life. Now, go take your Word of the Year, and make a purposeful plan to bring about positive change in your own life. That’s what it’s all about!
Ya’ll have a great week! Go make a plan to be purposeful!
More photos from the week…