As you know, my word of the year is Increase. When I think about the word Increase, I think about personal growth, getting better, being intentional and purposeful. I wanted to post a regular update of sorts of how I’m using my Word of the Year in a personal way. Sure, it’s easy to choose a word to claim over your year, but if you do nothing with it, it’s really just a word.
So that is what I’m going to do with my word, Increase, and I’m going to bring you along on this journey with me. Hopefully it will inspire you to do the same with the word you’ve chosen and your own New Year’s Resolutions & Goals. Apply it to your life in a personal way and make some positive changes.
So how am I striving to INCREASE this year and this week specifically?
(Personally, Professionally, & in my Family)
- I’m working to build worthwhile habits.
-Re-establishing the Habit of Working Out
I worked out every day this week, except Wednesday. I even made my morning skill-practice sessions. We’ve got a good routine going now.
-Establish the Habit of Reading Aloud to my Children
I didn’t read to my children as many times as I would have liked to, but we still did some. I didn’t take the time to photo document the times we did though.
–Establish the Habit of Daily Reading, Personally
This week I read Reading People by Anne Bogel through chapter 6. It’s not much, but at least it’s progress. I think I can easily finish this book this week if I prioritize it.
I’ll be working on new habits each month and tracking them in my planner. Next month starts three new habits and trackers for me.
- I want to GROW as a Christian and as a person in general.
I am loving Priscilla Shirer’s study called Discerning the Voice of God. At a time in my life where I feel so conflicted on so many things, it couldn’t have come at a more perfect time.
- Celebrate the wins & Focus on the Positive.
This week I received photo prints in the mail that I had ordered and added them to my Happy Planner. My Happy Planner just got Happier!
- I want to build my blog and expand to new territories of influence.
My blog is transitioning to Purposeful Planning soon. There will be a challenge this month on the topic of Self-Care, as well as a Facebook group to dive deeper into this topic with my readers.
- GROW my Platform. I’ve been seeking God about what it is that He would have me share with my readers and my social media followers.
- Work on and Build each relationship. To do this, I am studying the personality types and love languages of each of those in my immediate family. I am reading and thinking about how to create a life-giving home. I want to better understand, love, and serve those closest to me.
- Focus on hearts & character. These will be things we will focus on more in our home school and home-life in general. I will strive to be more like Jesus in my mothering and as a wife.
So these are the ways that I am personally working towards INCREASE in my person, professional, and family life. Now, go take your Word of the Year, and make a purposeful plan to bring about positive change in your own life. That’s what it’s all about!
Ya’ll have a great week! Go make a plan to be purposeful!
Look for these posts this week from me:
Discover Your Passions (with Free Printables!)
Determine Your Core Values (with Free Printables!)
Letting Go of Perfection
How to “Sabbath” (with Free Printable!)