After reviewing my yearly goals, here are the things I will be working on for the month of July…
Proverbs 31 Ministries is offering an online Bible study this month of the book Seamless by Angie Smith. I missed this small group Bible Study when a group from our campus did it, but I heard it was phenomenal. So, when I got the email that it was going to be available as an online study, I ordered the book and jumped on board! This is the supplemental study I will be doing this month.
- Lawson will still be working through his Summer Reading Passports Program and working toward his goals of earning a new book from the book store and a family trip to the Kroc Center.
- Linkin will continue working through his Raising Rockstars Preschool with me.
- Layten will continue to be read to daily, and we are going to try to work on weaning from the pacifier this weekend. (Prayers are appreciated.)
- Things still left on our Summer Bucket List: Float the Creek, Kroc Center, Lynn Meadows, Zoo, S’mores, Aquarium, Campfire, Bike Ride on a Trail, Hiking Adventure, Make pickles, and Snow Boogers (Who knows if we’ll get to all of these – probably not, but we’ll try to get to as many as we can)
We will start back to school this week with some light schooling. Why, you ask?
Well for one, we are going to have a newborn in December and I know we will be taking some time off for that so we need to get a head start so we can have a break next Summer. Our requirement is 180 days so we need to try our best to meet that, even if it means starting early. I just know myself and that we will definitely want to take a mid-year break, especially to get used to having a new member in our family.
Second, we really all do well with having a routine. We like to have fun, but our normal schedule and routine is good for us, so we do what we want.
Third, I did say “light schooling” which means we will be starting with our character study of Knight Training, me Reading Aloud to them, and our Memory Work… but other than that we won’t do too much more than our current Summer Reading Program and Fun Summer Activities we have planned.
My Personal Goals: Reading Plans
One of my yearly goals was to read 12 books this year, which I am still on track to do. This month I am finishing up reading Stengths Based Marriage (Build a Stronger Relationship By Understanding Each Other’s Gifts) by Jimmy Evans & Allan Kelsey and Knights in Training (Ten Principles for Raising Honorable, Courageous, and Compassionate Boys) by Heather Haupt. This one I’m reading and taking notes on each chapter to go over with the boys each week.
We are trying to still have monthly date nights and intentionally have some quality time at home at least once a week. We will be leading a family small group together is month.
Health & Fitness Goals:
Keep doing CrossFit, even if I have to modify and scale everything. Work harder at meal planning and prepping to have healthy meals readily accessible to me.
- Continue in the grocery store & drugstore game for saving money with our food, toiletries, & household purchases.
- Work on starting some sinking funds.
- Prepare for Christmas. (Baby coming in December – I’ve gotta get on that!)
- Sell our house, maybe?
Purposeful Planning Tips & Strategies Series for the month of July
What goals will you be working on this month? If you’re just starting out, you can read my series on My Purposeful Planning and hopefully be inspired with one thing to begin with and how to reach that one goal, which will only lead you to want to achieve more.
Let’s go make a plan to be purposeful!