After reviewing my yearly goals, here are the things I will be working on for the month of August…
I’m finishing up the Seamless Bible Study by Angie Smith with Proverbs 31 Ministries this month, and next week I will begin the Medication study of Psalm 119 provided by Stone Soup for Five.
- Sign Lawson up for recreational football.
- Family Trip to the book store for Lawson to pick out his new book as a reward for completing his Summer Reading Passports Program.
- Family Trip to the Trampoline for Lawson’s second reward for completing his Summer Reading Passports Program.
- Linkin has a special goal he is working towards for a prize too, but I won’t share it here. He will also benefit from Lawson reaching his goal, of course.
- Linkin will continue working through his Raising Rockstars Preschool with me.
- Layten will continue working through Tot Schools Printables Curriculum with me.
- Things still left on our Summer Bucket List: Float the Creek, Kroc Center, Zoo, S’mores, Aquarium, Campfire, Bike Ride on a Trail, Hiking Adventure, Make pickles, Snow Boogers, and the Trampoline Park (Who knows if we’ll get to all of these – probably not, but we’ll try to get to as many as we can)
We have been doing “light schooling” this past month. We are about 20 days in right now, and we will be completing our “Summer Term” and taking a break week this month. That week will be reserved for field trips and fun things (right about the time when all of the public schoolers go back to school so we’ll have less crowds). We, introverts, plan these things accordingly. 😉
After our Break Week, we will be adding in our Language Arts Curriculum on week 1, followed by Botany and Apologetics, which we go through slowly at our own pace. I’ll be posting in more detail about our homeschooling plans soon.
My Personal Goals: Reading Plans
Right now, I don’t know if I can really prioritize this as a goal, but I might try to start a new book if one grabs me. We’ll see. No definite plans as of now for this month.
- Weekly Budget Meetings as a Couple to keep us on Track with our Goals
- Weekly Quality Time Together at home
- At Least One Date Night This Month
- Cheer on Justin as he competes in the first, annual Anchor Games this month.
- Work together on reaching goals set for opening the new CrossFit gym the first week in September. Exciting!
Health & Fitness Goals:
Keep doing CrossFit, even if I have to modify and scale everything. Keep meal planning and having healthy meals readily accessible for me.
- Continue in the grocery store & drugstore game for saving money with our food, toiletries, & household purchases.
- Continue with sinking funds & reaching goals there.
- Prepare for Christmas. (Baby coming in December – I’ve gotta get on that!) Purchase or make at least one gift this month. Talk with family about holiday plans.
Post about our Family’s Core Values, Vision, Mission, and Slogan
Post about my Grocery, Drugstore, and Sam’s Shopping Process
Post about our Sinking Funds & Financial Goals
Posts about our Homeschool Methods, Curricula, and Goals
What goals will you be working on this month? If you’re just starting out, you can read my series on My Purposeful Planning and hopefully be inspired with one thing to begin with and how to reach that one goal, which will only lead you to want to achieve more.
Whatever you do, Let’s go make a plan to be purposeful!