After reviewing my yearly goals, here are the things I will be working on for the month of September…
Continue in reading the One Year Bible
- Begin the football season with Lawson.
- Bi-weekly trips to the Library with my kids
- Linkin has a special goal he is working towards for a prize, but I won’t share it here.
- The boys have also asked how they can earn some extra money so that they can buy things they want when we go shopping, so I’m considering this. We don’t give a regular allowance for chores that are expected of all of our family members, so this will have to be something extra.
We are back to homeschooling, full force now. Layten will continue to work through Tot School Printables Curriculum with me. Linkin with continue to work through Raising Rockstars Preschool with me. Lawson will continue in Language Arts, Math, and Penmanship/Handwriting. We will continue to do Bible Roadtrip as a family. We will especially work this month on establishing a regular “Morning Time” for our memory work and read alouds. We’ve been getting this done, but having a set time for it would greatly benefit us I think.
My Personal Goals:
Reading Plans – I’m working to get my Hoopla app working so I can listen to audio books from the library. If I can get this to work, my plan is to listen to one or two books this month. I will count this towards my goal of reading 12 books this year.
Home Organization –
(Kids’ Clothes) This month I will be going through all of the kids’ seasonal clothes (and possibly also the baby clothes we have in storage). I’ll make a list of what each child will need to make a simple and minimal Fall/Winter Capsule Wardrobe. There is a Kids’ Consignment at the end of this month I plan to attend and stock up on everything we’ll need. I’m praying that our budget will allow for this because it will be so nice to get all of that shopping done in one day. We currently have all three kids sharing a room with one closet and one dresser, and we plan to keep it to that – especially with a new baby coming.
(Desk Solution) I also have another home organization goal of replacing my large desk in our master bedroom with a smaller (but with more functional vertical storage) version that we can use elsewhere in the house (possibly the living room or dining room). I don’t love the idea of having a desk in the living areas of the house, but I do really benefit from having a desk and a place to keep my planning and blogging supplies… a place to spread out when I need to, but also have a home for everything too. The reason I’m looking to do this, is that we need that space in our room for our baby’s crib in December (except that now it’s currently taking up unnecessary play space in the kids’ play room) so the sooner, the better. This may not happen this month if the budget and time doesn’t allow for it, but the reason I’m thinking about it now is that we only have two more homeschool break weeks before the baby comes, and one of those is Thanksgiving Week – which I’d like to save for our travels and for Christmas decorating.
- Weekly Budget Meetings as a Couple to keep us on Track with our Goals (Sometimes these happen through text messaging, but we try to stay on track and keep each other updated.)
- Weekly Quality Time Together at home (This one has been hard to come by because our kids are so needy and demanding *insert chuckle*. We have movies we’ve started but not finished. We’ve got to get better at this one.)
- At Least One Date Night This Month (We already had a date night this past weekend, actually, so if we have another it would just be a bonus.)
Health & Fitness Goals:
Keep doing CrossFit, even if I have to modify and scale everything. Keep meal planning and having healthy meals readily accessible for us.
- Continue in the grocery store & drugstore game for saving money with our food, toiletries, & household purchases.
- Continue with sinking funds & reaching goals there.
- Prepare for Christmas. (Baby coming in December – I’ve gotta get on that!) Purchase or make at least one gift this month.
Post about our Family’s Core Values, Vision, Mission, and Slogan
Post about our Sinking Funds & Financial Goals
What else would you like to see from me this month?
What goals will you be working on this month? If you’re just starting out, you can read my series on My Purposeful Planning and hopefully be inspired with one thing to begin with and how to reach that one goal, which will only lead you to want to achieve more.
Whatever you do, Let’s go make a plan to be purposeful!