The idea of a “Ta Da” List is that we focus on the things that we accomplish, the ways we are successful…. maybe even things that weren’t even on our original “To Do” or “Goals” lists. It’s a way of celebrating the wins – the big and the small, instead of focusing on the negative and feeling guilty for not getting things done. I loved this idea so much that I decided to use it to title and formulate my monthly recap posts as well! This is a monthly blog post I will publish that will hold me accountable to the goals and New Year’s Resolutions that I set for myself for the year.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a small commission – at no extra cost to you.
- Started the T-ball season with Lawson
- Sold our House (An Answer to Prayer!)
- Purchased a Really Cool Organizational Piece I’ve been Eyeing for literally Years (Happy Birthday to me!)
- Began reading Treasuring Christ When your Hands are Full by Gloria Furman
- Began reading Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman (This book has been on my wishlist for years after hearing it recommended by several women I follow, but it’s out of print which made it super expensive. I finally saw it for a good price and ordered it.)
- Started attending our church’s sermon-based small groups
- Organized our Tax Documents and Filed our Taxes
- Did some Immediate, Short-term and Long-term Financial Planning
- Sold some of Layten’s clothes she’s outgrown
- Donated some clothes purged from all of our wardrobes
- Made a packing / moving list
- Hosted the CrossFit Open at our gym this month
- Attended a Women’s Worship Night at my mom’s church
- Donated Kids Books to the Little Free Libraries in town
- Started Consistently Working out at CrossFit again
- Participated in “A Home at Rest” Bible Study Series with Lisa Rippy of Interior Inspirations
- Finished Deuteronomy with the kids in Bible Roadtrip
- Began the book of Joshua with the kids in Bible Roadtrip
- Finished Lawson’s First-Grade Language Arts Curriculum
- Researched and Planned Curriculum Choices for Next School Year
- Ordered Some of our Homeschool Curriculum for Next School Year
- Purchased Essential Oils and a Diffuser (I’d already eliminated all of the candles in our home, but really wanted a good healthy way to have some good scents and fragrance in our home.)
- Kept up with my daily skincare routine (most days) I’ve been trying this skincare line for a while. I love the Marula Oil from this kit, and I’ve ordered a larger one. The rest of the line, I believe, is comparable to any other skincare products on the market.
- Purchased what I’ll call SAHM Clothes to keep from wearing nicer clothes or pajamas when I’m just out and about running errands or taking my kids to ballgames (There had to be some casual, in-between things for me to wear.)
- Paid all our bills for the month (We may not be ahead on anything, but we aren’t behind on anything either. It’s worth celebrating too – even if it’s just the way we always do things.)
- Fed all my kids and kept them all alive this month (This one just makes me smile every time… especially with having a newborn in the house and three other littles.)I no longer make long to-do lists for myself… at least not in this season. I may give myself like one goal for the day (that may or may not get done), but mostly I just do what I see that needs to be done when I have a moment. And this Ta Da list makes me feel like it was a very successful month – even though the days were quite a bit more stressful and demanding than I’m used to.
Whatever you do, let’s make a Plan to be more Purposeful!